Giving back to the community
Hello, and welcome to Rocky Mount, NC Kiwanis. We are a part of a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
Kiwanians of Rocky Mount comprising of adult men and women who provide service to their communities and participate in projects and fund raisers that provide assistance to local charities, hospitals, schools, shelters, other community organizations, and individuals.
What is a Kiwanian?
The name “Kiwanis” means “we trade” or “we share our talents.” It was coined from an American Indian expression, Nunc Kee-wanis. Kiwanians are volunteers changing the world through service to children and communities. Kiwanis members help shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, mentor the disadvantaged, and care for the sick. They develop youth as leaders, build playgrounds, raise funds for pediatric research, and much more. No problem is too big or too small. Why? Because working together, members achieve what one person cannot accomplish alone. When you give a child a chance to learn, experience, dream, and succeed, great things happen!
- Colorful 5K raises money for a cause
- Kiwanis club presents world atlases to Pine Island Elementary 4th graders
- Annual Toy Run sees hundreds of toys donated
- Middle class shifts challenge traditional service clubs
- NasChair 2013 nets US$5k for Kiwanis, Young Professionals
- Best kept block award presented to residents of Park Meadows Lane
- Kiwanis club to dedicate replica at Cobb Safety Village
- Dr. Ronald Flory raises awareness for maternal & neonatal tetanus
- Balloon festival benefits charity
- Area Kiwanis club donates school supplies to local students
- La Mirada Kiwanis Club honors World War II veterans
- Safe-driving habits goal of Teen Driving Rodeo
- Changes for the Kiwanis Club of Kirkland
- Courtenay Kiwanis handing out US$7,500 for kids' school supplies
- Kiwanis club forming in Williamstown