Giving back to the community
Hello, and welcome to Rocky Mount, NC Kiwanis. We are a part of a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
Kiwanians of Rocky Mount comprising of adult men and women who provide service to their communities and participate in projects and fund raisers that provide assistance to local charities, hospitals, schools, shelters, other community organizations, and individuals.
What is a Kiwanian?
The name “Kiwanis” means “we trade” or “we share our talents.” It was coined from an American Indian expression, Nunc Kee-wanis. Kiwanians are volunteers changing the world through service to children and communities. Kiwanis members help shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, mentor the disadvantaged, and care for the sick. They develop youth as leaders, build playgrounds, raise funds for pediatric research, and much more. No problem is too big or too small. Why? Because working together, members achieve what one person cannot accomplish alone. When you give a child a chance to learn, experience, dream, and succeed, great things happen!
- Spelling bee win surprises student
- Kiwanis Club donation facilitates library's Books To Go collection
- Boulder Kiwanis Club training service dogs for children with silent disabilities
- Kiwanians hand out trees to students
- Walkway open for four new movers and shakers
- Kiwanis club installs its fifth Kindness Meter at Sault Ste. Marie Airport terminal
- New club puts target on younger Generation
- Caring squared; Willits Kiwanians help Kids Club
- Volunteers makeover Crescenta-Cañada YMCA
- Kiwanis' annual duck race marks the unofficial start of summer
- Bowling Buddies Key Club and Kiwanians team up at the Bowl-A-Rama
- A ride with a reason
- Kiwanis club plants foundation for developmentally disabled
- Careers on wheels hosted by K-Kids
- Veterans Walk of Honor memorial adds two plaque walls